Thursday, March 13, 2014

NOTD: Fresh Floral for Spring


I had a little taste of spring this week and it has me longing for spring more than ever. I decided to try my hand at some cute floral nail art in anticipation of spring.

Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how I created this sweet flower nail art.

Polish Used:

  1. Essie Under Where?
  2. Sinful Colors Snow Me White
  3. Essie Pink Diamond
  4. Essie First Timer 
  5. Essie Good To Go Top Coat


DIY Dotting Tool:


I made my own dotting tool by sticking a straight pin in an old pencil's eraser. The pencil will act as a handle for this makeshift dotting tool. An old pencil works great because the eraser will be hard and will hold the straight pin firmly in place.



Step-By-Step Floral Nail Art:


1. Apply two coats of base color and allow nails to dry. I used Essie Under Where?, a fresh purple that's perfect for spring.

2. Create flower pedals using a dotting tool and a coordinating polish. I made 6 dots (5 dots around 1 center dot) with Sinful Colors Snow Me White and created several flowers on the nail of my ring finger.


3. With a dotting tool, apply a single dot of a contrasting polish to the center of each flower. I used Essie Pink Diamond for the pink center of my white flowers.

4. Create leaves to the side of each flower by applying a dot of green polish with a dotting tool. I used Essie First Timer.

5. After allowing nail art to completely dry, apply a clear top coat. I used Essie Good To Go top coat.


I used this spring floral as an accent nail, 
but it would also look pretty if the steps were repeated on each nail.


In The Comments:
What's some of your favorite polishes for this spring?

10 comments:

  1. Lovely pretty look, the delicate flowers are so pretty and great tutorial :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! Glad you liked my mini tutorial.

      Delete
  2. This is too stinkin cute! You are so talented!!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kate! It really was fairly simple and really cute.

      Delete
  3. love the nail art. thanks for sharing the tutorial. I'm gonna try it soon.

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do; I'd love to see how it turns out.

      Delete
  4. so cute! well, my fave nail polish for spring is pastel colors with cute nail art like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving pastels too. They're so feminine.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.