I had a little taste of spring this week and it has me longing for spring more than ever. I decided to try my hand at some cute floral nail art in anticipation of spring.
Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how I created this sweet flower nail art.
- Essie Under Where?
- Sinful Colors Snow Me White
- Essie Pink Diamond
- Essie First Timer
- Essie Good To Go Top Coat
DIY Dotting Tool:
I made my own dotting tool by sticking a straight pin in an old pencil's eraser. The pencil will act as a handle for this makeshift dotting tool. An old pencil works great because the eraser will be hard and will hold the straight pin firmly in place.
Step-By-Step Floral Nail Art:
1. Apply two coats of base color and allow nails to dry. I used Essie Under Where?, a fresh purple that's perfect for spring.
2. Create flower pedals using a dotting tool and a coordinating polish. I made 6 dots (5 dots around 1 center dot) with Sinful Colors Snow Me White and created several flowers on the nail of my ring finger.
3. With a dotting tool, apply a single dot of a contrasting polish to the center of each flower. I used Essie Pink Diamond for the pink center of my white flowers.
4. Create leaves to the side of each flower by applying a dot of green polish with a dotting tool. I used Essie First Timer.
5. After allowing nail art to completely dry, apply a clear top coat. I used Essie Good To Go top coat.
I used this spring floral as an accent nail,
but it would also look pretty if the steps were repeated on each nail.
In The Comments:
What's some of your favorite polishes for this spring?