Wednesday, March 5, 2014

February Favorites


It's Monthly Favorites time!

If you hadn't noticed- I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus this year. I can't think of a better way to start back up than with a recap of some of my favorite things from February. Read more to find out Fairest's Favorites February Favorites -ahh alliteration :)


Beauty:
(Makeup/Nails/Hair)

Tarte Gorgeous Getaways Palette
 
Tarte Gorgeous Getaways Palette-
I received this limited edition Tarte palette for Christmas. It includes 16 eyeshadows, 4 blushes, and 3 lip glosses. I've been having a lot of fun creating new looks this year. I love the blushes and the eye shadows are unique compared to other eyeshadow shades in my makeup collection. 


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer-
This concealer is really creamy and blends easy. It's a fuller coverage that conceals my discoloration/hyper-pigmentation. I've been using this on its own (without foundation or powder) and it lasts all day- granted, it is winter. The only negative is the shade I have is too dark for my skin; I purchased it in 15 Fair instead of 10 Light. I'll look for shade 10 next time.


Real Techniques Lash and Brow Groomer-
I'd been in need of a new brow brush for a while, but wanted to find the perfect one and I found it! The brow brush is firm enough to get things in order without scratching my skin. As for the metal lash comb, it's a dream come true. I could go on, but I may do a more in-depth review later.


OPI My Favorite Ordainment-
This is an opaque glittery-silver/gold nail polish that I got a lot of wear out of during the holidays (see this NOTD). I've continued wearing this polish because it's just so stinkin' sparkly! Just to let ya'll know- it wasn't that difficult to remove. I saturated one cotton round with nail polish remover and then held it on each nail for 15 seconds before completely whipping off the polish.

OPI Bubble Bath-
I can't remember if I've mentioned this in a past favorites, so forgive me if I have. I've just been gravitating to fresh, simple nails recently and this polish is perfect. Check out this NOTD to see it on.

 

L'Oreal Volumetry Shampoo and Conditioner-
I've already done a full review on these two products so I won't say too much here. I use these two products every other time I shampoo and love the extra lift it gives and how great it smells. 

Philips Sonicare Toothbrush-
I use to use battery operated toothbrushes (that use AA batteries) and thought it was basically the same thing as a Sonicare toothbrush. I'm right about a lot of things, but that just wasn't one of them. Although my teeth felt clean before, they now feel just-been-to-the-dentist clean all the time! I also noticed my teeth look more white. That's a nice perk because I have overly sensitive teeth and don't whiten them. I purchased my Sonicare from Costco (two for $70), but Amazon has good price on a single toothbrush right now. 



Extras:

--Sorry, no pictures 'cause I ate everything 
and my cups need to be washed--

Clementines-
I LOVE these little cuties-- or clementines in general. They are sweet, juicy, and fun to eat. I've been hooked on these since Christmas; I must have ate 20 lbs of clementines since then (no exaggeration).

Hershey's Hugs Raspberry-
These are a slight twist on a traditional Hershey's Kiss, but with a "hug" of Raspberry flavored cream wrapped around the milk chocolate "kiss" core. I ate a whole bag.

Aladdin Travel Infuser Mug-
I have a few other Aladdin cups that I love and use All The Time so I was excited when my mom surprised me with these new ones. They are 12 oz insulated mug with an infuser basket built into the lid that lowers into the beverage. You can brew tea or coffee in it, but I like to use it mostly to naturally infuse my water with mint and/or fruit.



In The Comments:
What were some of your favorites from last month?


8 comments:

  1. Nikki you're back! I missed your posts so much! Wish we had tarte in England... I've been loving RT brushes this month too - the new retractable ones are amazing!

    Katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy! That's really sweet of you to say.
      I didn't know there were retractable RT brushes... I need to look into this now- hehe.

      Delete
  2. Hi!

    I wanted to let you know that your blog is amazing, and I nominated your blog for the Liebster award! :) Go to my blog post for more information. <3

    http://www.hustlababy09.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    xo, Sarah
    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination Sarah!

      Delete
  3. That Tarte palette looks so nice! I really loved my Naked 3 palette this past month.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any of the Naked palettes, but if I was to buy any- it would be the Naked 3. The colors look so beautiful.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.