Monday, December 23, 2013

NOTD: Wet n Wild Burgundy Frost


I still have lots to do before Christmas, but at least I can check off painting my nails with a festive holiday polish. I've gone with a deep berry red shade that's perfect for winter. 

Before applying the red polish, I applied Sally Hansen Double Duty as a base. 


I applied two coats of Wet n Wild Wild Shine polish in Burgundy Frost. I love this deep red with fine shimmer. I was considering painting on white snow flakes, but I'm short on time so stuck with a classic look.

One coat of Burgundy Frost covered okay, but I'd recommend two coats; it deepened up the beautiful color and provided full opaque coverage.
  

Oh, I have a tip for all of you... it's hidden in this story. :)

I had my space/room heater on when I started painting my nails and noticed the polish was applying a little goopy. I turned the heater off and put the polish in the fridge for a few minutes to cool it down. I use this little trick during the summer and also the winter... really anytime when the house is hot. The fridge quickly cools the nail polish and makes application a breeze and seems to cut down on dry time. Let me know if you try it out.


I followed up with a coat of Essie Good To Go top coat for extra shine.


I also wanted to mention that my last polish, OPI My Favorite Ornament (seen in my last NOTD) came off fairly easy. I just held a cotton round (with polish remover) on each nail for 15-30 seconds and wiped away. I only used one cotton round for all 10 nails. 
 

In The Comments:
What color polish will you be wearing for Christmas (or holidays)?

Also, in case I don't have a post up on Christmas Day (Wednesday)...
Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. 

8 comments:

  1. That's a pretty shade; I like it a lot.
    I'm planning to do the girls' and my nails tomorrow (cross your fingers-- with the little ones, it's a tense time because their patience isn't so great!)-- I think I'm going to try to do some nail art. I bought the thin nail art (Art Club brand at Five Below for 3 for $5) polishes in green, white, and silver and thought maybe I'd try to do something fun over a red base, though I have the nail art stuff in red, too.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I grab some nail polish remover from whatever store is open tomorrow, I'm going to paint my nails quickly too before going to spend time with the family for Christmas. :) I've never heard of putting nail polish in the fridge but I'll definitely try it before painting my nails tomorrow. I'll let you know if it worked for me!!

    xo, Sarah
    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this nail polish color! I don't think I will have nail polish on for Christmas, but if I was this would probably be the color I'd have on! It looks absolutely stunning! Nifty trick using the Fridge, I'd certainly try it since it gets so hot in Florida!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous polish color for this time of year!!!

    Kendra
    beautybykendrac.com
    youtube.com/beautybykendrac

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely nail polish! i love that sort of colour of colour for this time of the year! Xx

    http://dazzleulooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, never would have guessed the fridge trick-- I will try that out and let you know how it worked for me! lol I always get my nails done at the salon-- I know acrylic is So bad for your nails but I just do not have time to keep up with doing my nails myself, and long nails are just an obsession for me and I cant seem to grow my natural nails out for the life of me! lol

    So for the holidays, I am always switching it up with different shades of reds. I actually have the same color as you do, but I have a glitter sparkle added to it which matched a lot of my outfits for holiday parties I attended over the past month.

    your nails are short, but they look SO pretty and so well groomed, etc. im very jealous lol

    Hope you had a great holiday and loving the new year!!!

    Rica x0x
    www.LaBellaVitax0x.blogspot.com
    I comment4comment && follow4follow <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo will try that nail polish trick sometime soon, thanks for the tip nikki :) btw love this nail polish color, the shade makes your complexion brighter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mum was actually the one who introduced me to the fridge trick! haha your one of the first people I've met who's mentioned it! I love this deep red colour! great post doll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.