Monday, May 27, 2013

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara

I've been using L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara for a little less than 2 months and I feel it's about time to do a review and let all of you know what I think of it! 

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara in Blackest Black

There are a number of things that I look for a mascara to deliver: smudge proof, separated, clump-free lashes while also providing length, volume, and curl. Is that too much to ask for? When I saw L'Oreal's claims for their Voluminous Million Lashes mascara I decided to give it a try. The collagen formula is designed not to clump, even if you like to build up multiple layers of mascara. 

Now the question is... Does this mascara provide a clean, voluminous look to your lashes? ...Keep reading to find out and for before and after pictures!

My Thoughts:
Do you love the look of voluminous lashes, but aren't interested in clumping or crazy, thick, scary lashes? This may be the mascara for you. L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes provides full lashes with minimal effort. The silicone wand does a great job at separating each lash so I can achieve defined lashes with plenty of volume.

Top: Comparison- One coat of L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes vs. nothing
Bottom: One Coat of L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

I think the formula also works wonders at providing a curl to the lashes (I don't use a lash curler) and adding length too! While it doesn't claim to be a lengthening mascara, it evenly coats my lashes all the way to the ends, leaving nice, visible length to my lashes.  


From the side

I purchased this mascara in the non-waterproof version. Not only is it easy to remove, but it also stayed put all day. I live in Florida and it's been very hot (80's and 90's) and humid the past two months. Despite that, I've not experienced any smudging.  

At first, this mascara did smell (like a Maybelline mascara) that wasn't pleasant. However, the scent was never particularly strong and it faded away quickly; I don't even notice it anymore.


For those of you who like dry formulas, pay attention! 
This formula is on the drier side. Unlike some mascara that take some time to get to the right consistency, Voluminous Million Lashes is perfect from the start. However, I feel that it's dryer formula may be resulting in a shorter life span. I haven't been using it for quite 2 months yet and it's already on it's way out.


Would I re-purchase?
Absolutely! I love the look of my lashes; I don't think the pictures are doing this mascara justice! 


Have you tried L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes? If so, what do you think? 
Also, what's your current favorite mascara? Let me know in the comments.
Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend!


22 comments:

  1. Have heard great things about this and looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my all time favorite mascara, I'm so glad you like it. You can't go wrong with any of LOreal's mascaras they're all amazing. c:

    http://janiecyxo.blogspot.ca/

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you love it too! I am defiantly wanting to try other L'Oreal mascaras in the future.

      Delete
  3. makes such a huge difference, I can't believe i never purchased this one before :)

    xxx rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! My lashes grow straight out and this mascara transforms them :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review! I mostly always buy maybelline mascaras but I've heard Loreal has some good ones too. I might try it out. Honestly I feel so silly because I didnt realize that some mascaras have different consistencies (dry/wet) Whenever I would get a new mascara, I would wonder why the "old" one of the same version seemed to work better. Now I know lol thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel silly! That's what were here for, to share our knowledge. I don't mind wet formulas as long as they aren't too wet. I used one several months ago that would stay wet all day! I'd get it all over my face.

      Delete
  5. I've seen this mascara around but never really heard much about it! Your lashes look so thick and voluminised with this mascara :) I quite like drier formulas as they don't make my short lashes droop down (which is what all the wet formulas do). I'll probably give this one a go next time, when all my current mascaras have run out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer when a mascara is more on the dry side too. I find lashes are less likely to stick together and you're right; it doesn't seem to weigh the lashes down as much so it provides a nice curl.

      Delete
  6. I just bought this mascara 2 weeks ago and I love it! The day after I bought it my mother was shocked at how long it made my eyelashes look. I used to love Maybelline's One by One, but when I saw that Million Dollar was on sale I had to jump on it. It is now my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're having great results with it too! It's funny you mention Maybelline's One by One; I loved that one too, but couldn't take the smell.

      Delete
  7. I've been wanting to try this for a bit! Now I'll have to go out and get it. Even though I have three mascaras on the go at the moment. That's ok right?
    Thanks for the post!

    Ruth

    ruthandglory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You never have to justify makeup to a fellow junkie. :)

      Delete
  8. I have tried this mascara and loved it! I think that L'oreal does an amazing job with their mascaras!! Great post Nikki!!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! I'm looking to trying others from them in the future.

      Delete
  9. Hi girlie! Love your blog!! I just started mine and I was wondering if you could check it out?

    www.thethirteenthgirl.com

    Hope you have a great day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and absolutely! I'd love to check it out.

      Delete
  10. Tagged you in the 7 deadly sins post questions on my page. Look forward to reading your answers

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes your lashes look incredible!!! I can't believe the difference in makes!!!
    I will defs keep this on my "to- try" list. I also really need to stop buying all the products you talk about haha. But just so you know your reviews are great and the products you recommend have been amazing!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you to say. I'm glad you are finding my reviews helpful!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.