Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm


When it comes to lip products, I'm not super picky. I like pretty shades, reasonably priced products, and packaging that keeps fingers and lips off the merchandise. I initially heard about Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms about a year ago and wanted to try them, but changed my mind when I saw the price. Seven bucks for a glorified chap stick? I'll pass. It wasn't until this past fall when I came across a Burt's Bees duo set that included Tinted Lip Balm and Lip Shimmer for a more reasonable price of $9.99. I purchased it, tried it, and immediately fell in love!

(Read More for swatches!)


My first Tinted Lip Balm was in Red Dahlia. I chose it because I assumed the balm wouldn't have much color payoff and I would need to select the darkest shade available if I wanted to see a color change on my lips. After applying it, I realized just how wrong I was. This balm packs a punch- of color! I never imagined that it would provide so much pigmented color while still maintaining a true balm feel. I was hooked, maybe even addicted. 


How do I love thee? .... I'll make a list for you:  

Smooth Application- These balms aren't overly waxy, so they don't catch and tug on the lips... instead, they glide effortlessly over them.

Feels Great On- You know how irritating it can be when your lip product feels gross or uncomfortable to wear? Well, I never feel that way while wearing this balm, in fact, my lips feel incredibly good when I'm wearing it, and leaves them feeling smooth!

Great Color Payoff- The colors are very pigmented for a tinted balm while still remaining sheer so it combines with your natural lip color to make for a really flattering shade. 

Beautiful Sheen- This balm has a luster effect that makes the lips look soft and luscious, because they totally are! 

Moisturizing- After the balm wears off, my lips are left feeling moisturized and soft.


Slim packaging- This small tube makes it very convenient for me to easily carry it in my purse, stick it in my pocket, or fit it in my skinny ID wallet. The cap snaps on and stays put, so I don't have to worry about it accidentally popping off and my balm getting gross (I've had this happen with other lip balms in the past).

All natural- No artificial smells; no harsh chemicals; it's all natural! It's made with Shea Butter and Botanical Waxes. 


Since I use Red Dahlia almost every day (and love it), I wanted to pick up more colors (as mentioned in my Lip Products Wishlist); Now, I'd even pay full price for one tube, because I now know it's worth it (to me). Last week I came across another duo pack for only $9.99 (included it in my Collective Haul). The pack had both of the colors that I wanted to try, Rose and Hibiscus. How's that for luck?  

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose 
*two swipes for swatch*

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus 
*two swipes for swatch*

I've already used both shades and I'm really happy with them. As with Red Dahlia, these have a great color pay off and feel amazing on! I truly love these lip balms. If you're thinking about giving Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm a try, I strongly recommend them; they're my favorite lip product. Currently, they come in nine shades: Sweet Violet, Red Dahlia, Rose, Hibiscus, Pink Blossom, Petunia, Blushed Orchid, Caramel Daisy, and Honeysuckle

Swatched From Left to Right: Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia, Rose, and Hibiscus 
*two swipes for each swatch*

If you've already tried Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm, I'd love to hear in the comments what you think about them and what shade(s) you have. 


10 comments:

  1. I've been wanting the try the tinted lip balms but wasn't too sure yet. You may have swayed me!

    SarahSee. Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think their is a coupon that can be printed out Burt's Bees website now if you want to try them.

      Delete
  2. I love Burt's Bees lip balm in general. I've never tried these though because you never know what you'll get with a tinted balm. However you are raving out them, so I might have to check them out next time I see a sale :)

    www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just double checked and they do have a coupon you can print out on burtsbees.com for $1.50 off all lip color.

      Delete
  3. I really want to try these! They look and sound amazing! :)) Great post hun!

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do and thanks!

      Delete
  4. Nikki did you know that Burts Bees is owned by Clorox Chemical company? Yes, amazing! You should try other smaller, cool companies for lip balm. Have you ever tried Buddha Balm? Best ever and natural too. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Lisa! I didn't know they were owned by Clorox, very interesting.

      As for Buddha Balm, I've never hear/tried their balm before, but just checked out their site; they have some scents that sound great! I really like natural balms because I have a habit of chewing on my lips, best to be ingesting natural ingredients than a bunch of chemicals.

      Delete
  5. thanks for the swatch :) iv been debating over exactly these 3 shades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad this was helpful! I really love all three, but my current favorite is Rose.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.