Wednesday, January 30, 2013

ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit

I'm a believer in filling in eyebrows; an important step that can make or break your look. You wouldn't take a beautiful master piece and stick it in a crummy frame, would you? Think of your eyebrows as the frame to your face and take a moment to fill in your brows. 

I fill in my brows (most days), even when I'm doing bare minimum makeup. You'd think that since I feel filling in the brows is so important, I would have owned a dedicated brow product before this month... think again. 



I was unaware that so many people filled in their brows, especially younger women. I started filling in my eyebrows about two years ago (give or take) out of necessity. My eyebrows, which had always been very thick, had thinned out dramatically. Initially, I made the mistake of using a brown eye shadow that was a tad too dark, but after some trial and error I landed on a shade that worked. I prefer using a shadow as opposed to a pencil because I think it gives a softer look. 

Recently, I've heard lots of talk about the E.L.F Studio Eyebrow Kit, and wanted to give it a try. For some reason the stores nearby me have only had the dark shade, but finally, I was able to find my shade- medium. If you don't read any further, here's my opinion of this product: it is AWESOME! but if you want to know why, continue on. (Includes before and after picture)

The ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit, which is part of the Studio line, can be found in some retail stores or online at E.L.F. Cosmetics for $3. The black compact-like packaging looks sleek and seems pretty durable.  



ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium (brow wax to the left, brow powder to the right)

The brow kit contains a brow wax, a brow powder, and a small duel sided brow brush. The wax is designed to help shape the brows and keep those unruly hairs in line (you know which ones I'm talking about). The powder is used to fill in the brow giving a more defined, fuller/ thicker brow look. You can use both products together or you may opt to just use one over the other. I personally have mixed it up; some days using just the powder, and others incorporating the wax as well. 


ELF small duel sided brush (flat dome and angled brush)

The duel sided brush has a flat dome brush on one side and an angled brush on the other. I've used this brush several times, and while it may be small, it works well. It would be perfect for someone just starting out with makeup/ filling in their brows and doesn't already have an assortment of brushes. It's also ideal for traveling since everything you need is in the kit. 


Close Up: Brows Before and After using ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit
Top: Without brows filled, Bottom: Brows filled with ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium.
Eye makeup: I'm only wearing mascara, Wet 'N Wild Mega Length.

Full Face: Brows Before and After using ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit
Left: Without brows filled, Right: Brows filled with ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium.
Makeup: Face- Rimmel Clean Finish foundation, Love & Beauty pink blush, Lips- Mary Kay vanilla lip balm, Eyes- Wet 'N Wild Mega Length mascara.

This kit currently comes in four different colors: Ash, Light, Medium, and Dark. I have naturally dark brown hair and the medium color is perfect for my brows.

Do any of you fill your brows in, if so, what do you use? Have you tried the ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit?










7 comments:

  1. sorry if im getting annoying but how to you upload a blog post to bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry your not! Once you sign up and verify your blog, bloglovin' will upload your posts to their feed. To verify they will give you a code that you will just have to insert in one of your posts (to prove it's yours). Once it's verified with them they will do the rest :)

      Thanks for the question!

      Delete
  2. Really love eyebrow kits especially powder ones I use the body shop but want to give this a try too x

    http://krystelcouture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget that The Body Shop has makeup. I've never tried any of there makeup, but I do love their bath products.

      Delete
  3. Wow it looks great! I really want to try Elf's makeup products because they are so cheap yet some of them seem pretty impressive.

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of what's so enticing about them is how inexpensive they are. What makes it worth it and keeps me repurchasing is I have yet to come across a product of theirs that I didn't like.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.